What do you know about the benefits of marjoram?
What do you know about the benefits of marjoram? Marjoram is a type of aromatic plant that belongs to the group of mint, parsley and coriander. In some countries, the marjoram plant is called (marjoram), and the areas surrounding the Mediterranean basin from the southeast are considered the main home of marjoram, and marjoram is used as a kind of spice that is added to Many recipes, and marjoram leaves have been used since ancient times in medicine and treatment of many diseases, and here we offer you a set of benefits of marjoram in more than one field.
Some of the health benefits of marjoram
- Marjoram is one of the herbs that are very useful in improving digestion and treating severe cases of constipation.
- Boiled marjoram greatly reduces uterine cramps, which is why it is recommended for women during the menstrual cycle.
- Drinking boiled marjoram in the last week of the ninth month, greatly facilitates the birth process and pushes the fetus out of the womb.
- Drinking boiled marjoram helps to relax the body and treats cases of insomnia and disturbed sleep.
- Marjoram can be used to stimulate the ovulation process in women, especially those who suffer from weak ovulation.
- Marjoram helps reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the body, and this has a significant impact on heart health and protecting it from clots.
- Marjoram contains vitamin A, which is very important for eye health, and the presence of lutein and zeanthin protects the eyes from macular degeneration.
- Boiled marjoram can be used to lose weight and burn fat, by drinking it three times a day.
- Drinking boiled marjoram constantly helps to purify the body of toxins and fluids trapped inside.
- Marjoram oil can be used to significantly improve the lung function in asthmatics.
- Marjoram contains a lot of antioxidants, which have a significant role in protecting the body from cancer cells, as well as many aging diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Marjoram can be used as an antibiotic, because it contains anti-bacterial and antiviral, which raise the body’s immunity and resistance to diseases.
Some of the cosmetic benefits of marjoram
- Marjoram is one of the herbs that eliminate dandruff permanently. Marjoram oil can be used two to three times a week until the dandruff is completely gone.
- Marjoram oil is very useful in moisturizing dry hair and treating brittle hair.
- Marjoram is one of the plants that contains a lot of nutrients that strengthen and strengthen hair follicles and thus enjoy their loss, so marjoram oil can be used in the treatment of hair loss and baldness.
- Masks can be made to lighten the skin from the herb of marjoram, because marjoram contains in its composition arbutin, which is effective in lightening and unifying the color of the skin.
- Making masks for the skin from marjoram on a regular basis, gives it a healthy appearance and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and white lines in it, which appear with age.
Disadvantages of excessive use of marjoram
- Drinking boiled marjoram in excess may affect the health of the liver and kidneys.
- Excessive consumption of marjoram may cause cancer.
- Drinking marjoram in large quantities in the first months of pregnancy may cause stress or premature birth.
- Marjoram can cause some irritation and itchiness on some skin types, so it is best to try it on a small area at first