China Medical Scholarship is a well-known and prestigious international scholarship program, which is funded by the Government of China. The program has been established in order to support the development of medical education in China. By encouraging foreign students to come to study in China for their Bachelor or Master degree.
The aim of the program is not only to promote the development of Chinese medicine. But also to attract more foreign students to study Chinese medicine at key universities and hospitals around China.
This scholarship is open to all international students who meet the eligibility criteria. The application deadline is usually in January of the year prior to your intended enrollment period. The application process is straightforward and easy. Although you must submit all supporting documents within ten business days of submitting your application.
Process of Applying for this scholarship:
China Medical Scholarship Application Procedure
- Fill out the application form in the China Medical Scholarships website. Including personal data, academic record, research experience and other information.
- Submit the application form to the designated financial institution for verification and further processing.
- After you have been approved for a scholarship by the Financial Institution, your scholarship will be paid directly into your bank account in China or your international bank account with a cross-border remittance service such as Western Union or MoneyGram.
- You can apply for a scholarship once every year or twice during one year (but not more than two times).
Types of China medical scholarships
The types of China medical scholarships include:
National Medical Scholarship
The National Medical Scholarship is the most popular type of China medical scholarship. This scholarship allows qualified students from all over the world to study medicine in China. The criteria for this scholarship are similar to other national scholarships. Such as Rhodes Scholarships and Fulbright Scholarships. In order to qualify for this scholarship. Applicants must have excellent academic records (70 percent average), strong performance in their final exams, and have leadership qualities that will benefit them during their studies in China.
The funding comes from the Ministry of Education. It is available to all international students studying at Chinese universities between 1st September and 30th September each year. Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance. With winners receiving the equivalent of US$15,000 per year while those who receive the highest scores receive up to US$30,000.
International Medical Sciences Scholarship
This type of China medical scholarship is designed for international students who want to study medicine in China. It is open only to non-Chinese nationals who have good academic records (60 percent average), strong performance in their final exams, and have leadership qualities that will benefit them during their studies in China. Applicants must provide proof of English proficiency before being considered eligible for this type of scholarship program
- You must be an international applicant.Who has not already received any scholarships or financial aid from another source (e.g., parents).
- You must also have a valid passport, visa and credit cards for use when applying for visas and accommodations at school as well as during travel home between semesters at school (if you leave for more than one semester).
- If you have a visa pending when applying for this scholarship, do not submit a separate application; instead contact the immigration office directly so that they can inform us about your status before we can determine whether
China Medical Scholarship Program Benefits:
- It helps you study medicine in China at one of top universities in your country, which has the best medical education system in the world.
- You will get free tuition, accommodation, medical insurance and travel expenses for attending classes at any university or college in China.
- You can receive financial support from the Chinese government for living expenses when studying medicine in China (medical fees only).
- Your family will be provided with free health checks by local hospitals during visit visa period. Before you start your course in China. After graduation once you successfully complete your course abroad if needed, so that they can be assured that all necessary medical care is available. If they need it while you are studying medicine abroad or after graduation if there’s anything wrong with them during their stay here in China or after their return home
The University of Hong Kong (HKU)
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) is one of the most prestigious institutions in Asia, offering a wide-variety of programs for students from all over the world. The university has been ranked in the top 10 universities in the world by Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings and was ranked #1 by Stand ford Review and Princeton Review.
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) offers full-fee scholarships for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at HKU.
The HKU awards scholarships to international students who want to study at this prestigious university. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, food and medical insurance for up to three years.