Gnaoua is the name given by the people of Tunisia and Algeria to okra, and it is one of the favorite vegetable dishes for many. It is cooked with red broth, and is usually served alongside rice. It is an easy-to-prepare dish with few ingredients.
How to cook okra on the Algerian way
- A kilogram of okra cleaned from the funnel.
- amount of lamb.
- Three grains of tomatoes.
- Medium onion.
- A piece of eggplant.
- Green sweet pepper.
- Two tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- A clove of garlic.
- A tablespoon of mixed spices.
- Salt, to taste.
How to prepare:
- Remove the head of the okra well.
- Put a frying pan on the fire with an amount of oil.
- Fry the okra in the oil, then fry the sliced eggplant.
- Put a saucepan on the fire with a little oil and add onions, sweet green peppers and garlic.
- Add the spices and okra to the pot and stir well until the onions are golden.
- Add the tomatoes and some tomato sauce to the pot and leave the mixture on a low heat until it becomes soft.
- Add the eggplant slices, and you can omit it.
- Serve it hot with rice.
How to prepare fried okra with olive oil
- Half a kilogram of municipal okra.
- Five tablespoons of olive oil.
- Six grains of tomatoes.
- big onion.
- A bunch of coriander.
- Four cloves of garlic.
- A teaspoon of mixed spices.
- Pinch of black pepper.
- A tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Pinch of salt.
- a glass of water.
How to prepare:
- Remove the head of the okra and wash it, then filter it from the water well.
- Put a saucepan on the fire with oil and finely chopped onions, with a little salt.
- Add the okra to the onions and stir well over a low heat, cover the pot and stir from time to time.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop them finely, then add them to the pot, then a cup of water mixed with the tomato paste.
- Add salt and spices and leave the mixture until cooked.
- Crush garlic cloves and add to okra.
- Wash and chop the coriander, add it to the mixture and leave it on the fire for 10 minutes, then remove and serve hot.